Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunshine, Water, Rest, Air, Exercise, and Diet

First day of Chemo went well. All of the nurses were extremely nice and every one of them left saying, "Is there anything else I can get you." The rest of the day my appetite and energy levels were amazing. I would probably contribute that to the dexamethasone (IV steroid) they gave me in addition to the chemo. They also gave me IV benadryl, which knocked me out for a few hours on the couch.

Last night Patrick cooked up a cashew curry coconut crusted chicken with green beans and red potatoes. I was very impressed! I forgot to take a picture, but it looked and tasted amazing! I guess as long as I buy the ingredients and provide a recipe, that boy could make anything!

Day 2: I had some trouble sleeping, mostly because my mind was else where and did not want to rest. My appetite is fair today, forcing myself to eat good foods is not a problem, since I love fruits and veggies and so far I have not had any change in taste buds and no nausea:). My energy level is fair. I plan to walk a mile or two with my son Liam and my dog B-man later today. 


"The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling."
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990


No comments:

Post a Comment