I think everyday I get asked the same questions, "how are you able to deal with everything you are going through and still find time to eat healthy and exercise?"
My answer: I just do and you can too! We have to make the choice. We can choose to eat healthy or we can choose to grab a double whopper and fries; we can choose to put our running shoes on and exercise or we can choose to stay in bed. We make the choice. We may have influences that help us make our choice, but ultimately make the choice.
We all have different obstacles and are dealing with life's situations, and in order to make changes in our behavior, we need to know how to deal with the obstacles that are in our way of living a healthy lifestyle.
Follow these tips to help you stay healthy and balances your lifestyle:
1. Become aware of your actions-when you realize what you are doing, you can change it.
2. Keep a record of what you want to change-If you write it down, you are more likely to change it.
3. Avoid situations that trigger bad habits-such as eating in front of the tv or sitting at the computer.
4. Write down your new routine-Change it until it works for you
5. Post reminders about healthy habits-post in places where you will notice them: refrigerator, on the table, in your car, mirror
6. Practice your routine, because practice makes PERMANENT!
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Christopher Reeves